A question that keeps coming up is how do we build audience for our indie films and content. Without the huge marketing budgets of Hollywood films, so few people get to hear about our indie films much less see them. Today I’m going to take you through it, with some free online tools to help, [...]
Last week reading Ted Hope’s blog I came across a clever, funny, short animation, which included a web address. Clicking through to the webpage, I learned that the animation was promotion for a self published novel. I was impressed enough with what I saw on that website to purchase two copies (yes, 2!) as birthday gifts [...]
Red Vs Blue is another example of entertainment using the freemium or “T-shirt economy” model. Red Vs Blue is a short comedy machinima series that began in 2003. The pilot episode attracted 20,000 views within the first day, and Rooster Teeth quickly realised ways to monetise the series through sales of T-shirts and other merchandise. [...]
It may sound like an oxymoron to try making money by giving away your content for free, but the freemium model, also sometimes called the t-shirt economy, has proved very effective for some filmmakers. You might give something away for free, such as a short film, an ebook, or game, but you have additional extras that [...]
- Crowdfunding The Tunnel One Dollar at a Time August 2, 2010
- Can Indie Filmmakers Survive ‘Free’? March 16, 2010
- Piracy : Everyone’s At It March 2, 2010
- The Cosmonaut Model for Crowdfunding & Crowdsourcing January 14, 2010
- Crowdfunding Indie Film : Biracy (case study) January 1, 2010
- Founder Institute Graduates December 12, 2012
- Development sprint October 27, 2012
- Founder Institute Top Ten October 10, 2012
- Crisis of confidence September 28, 2012
- hunchproof September 16, 2012
- Anita Putri: Wow! Thank You! I Always Needed To Write On My Blo...
- Luci Temple: Hey Suse, I agree completely :) Jon Reiss is one f...
- suse cairns: So here's a little out of the box thinking for yo...
- Founder Institute Startup Accelerator | Luci Temple - Indie Marketing for filmmakers & startups: [...] Digital Entrepreneurship masterclass program...
- Luci Temple: Hi Mac, I agree! It does get increasingly confusin...